The 7 C's Health Initiative is a Multi-Jurisdiction Coalition (MJC) that includes seven counties in Western Wisconson: Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson, Monroe, La Crosse, Vernon and Crawford. With the help of our coaliton partners and members, we are encouraging people in our communties to live tobacco-free. We support reaching toward a healthier Wisconsin, one that embraces tobacco-free communities! Partners, members, youth, health officials, community members, volunteers, and many more from all walks of life have come together to work on improving the health of Western Wisconsin.
Our mision is to collaboratively work to improve the health of our citizens living the counties of Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson,Monroe, La Crosse, Vernon and Crawford so that they may live long, healthy lives, free from tobacco and nicotine regardless of their income, education, or ethnic background.
Our priorities are:
- Generate awareness of Other Tboacco Products (OTP)
- Raise awareness of the high rates of smoking among maternal and pregnant women.
- Educate coalition members about the link between tobacco and chronic diseases
- Increase youth involvement in the 7 C's Health Initiative
- Promote health messages for families and communtiies
- Use evidence based prevention strategies to address the priorities of the 7 C's Health Initiative coalition
Browse this website to find out more about what we do, upcoming evnts and tobacco resources.
We are hoping to make our counties a better place to live!